Wednesday, August 17, 2011

80'S GQ


When I was a teenager, my parents had a beach house on the mainland of Long Beach Island, My mom, sisters and I would spend the entire summer there and my dad would come down on weekends and for two weeks in July. In my bedroom, on the shelf of my bunk bed, I had a stack of GQ magazines, 80's GQ was SO GOOD! Bruce Weber taking bright saturated pictures of Jeff Aquilon, Buzzy Kerbox and Sinjin Smith all in Speedos and covered in sand from playing volleyball on Miami Beach. They say that the olafactory sense is your strongest, but looking at these magazines takes me right back, life seemed simpler, better, you can buy a piece of it here on ebay for $25.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-GQ-GENTLEMANS-QUARTERLY-July-1982-/120763116691?pt=Magazines&hash=item1c1e0aec93


No comments:

Post a Comment